Middle Rasen Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Anne Coates
About Middle Rasen
The Chapel is in a prominent position on the A46 Gainsborough Road in Middle Rasen.
Along with the Parish Church, Primary School, Village Hall and Sports Clubs, the Methodist Church plays a key role in village life for many residents. The friendly welcome experienced by newcomers and visitors to the weekday activities and Sunday services attract regular attendance from people living in nearby villages. We also work ecumenically with our Anglican friends at a relatively isolated former RAF base four miles from Middle Rasen.
In addition to the weekly 10:45AM Sunday Morning services, there is a 6:00PM Evening service. Because this is one of the few evening services in the area, members of other churches (and denominations) frequently worship with us.
We continually improve our facilities, recently removing some of the front pews and replacing them with comfortable chairs which give greater flexibility for worship and other activities. You also have the option of using a hymnbook or reading from the multimedia images projected onto a screen.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:45AM Hardcastle, 3:00PM Circuit Service at Caistor
- WEEK TWO: 10:45AM O/A, 6:00PM Parkin
- WEEK THREE: 10:45AM M Coates, 4:00PM Coates - United Carol Service
- WEEK FOUR: Christmas Eve 10:45AM Lockwood - Carol Service, 6:00PM No Service
- CHRISTMAS DAY: Choice of 10:00AM Carr @ Gainsborough, 9:30AM Coates @ Middle Rasen, 10:15AM Parkin @ Caistor
- WEEK FIVE: New Years Eve 10:45AM Coates (United), 6:00PM No Service
O/A= Own Arrangement
Middle Rasen encourages Bible Study - our group runs on a Tuesday afernoon at 2:00PM and is run by Rev. Anne Coates. Some of our members also attend an Ecumenical Bible Teaching Group which is held Fortnightly at the home of Rev. David Post in Middle Rasen.
Our Seasonal Social groups consist of the Middle Rasen Guild which meet on a regular basis throughout the year (every Wednesday at 7:30PM - from October to April) and the Women’s Own group running every Wednesday at 2:30PM (between September and June).
We seek to work in various ways in our local community. We achieve this through arranging Advice and Information Days attended by various public services, and holding the following events regularly:
- Age UK Lunch Club - (2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 12:00 NOON)
- “Coffee, Cake and Chat” events - (1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 10:00AM)
- Coffee Mornings - (usually on the 2nd Saturday of the month).
We seek to proclaim the Good News of Christ Jesus in ways that are relevant to today’s society, without causing the traditionalists too much discomfort! If you would like to be involved with us then please come to one of our Sunday Services, or just drop into one of our midweek events. Look out for the Advertising Banner on the railings or check the Notice Board.
The Diary Dates Word file for this month can be downloaded HERE