Market Rasen Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Heather Wilson
About Market Rasen
Methodism came to the town of Market Rasen in 1800. The present Church was originally known as Centenary Chapel and was opened in 1863. For over 150 years, Market Rasen Methodist Church has been active in the community through worship and service.
It has been described as an 'immensely impressive classical style non-conformist chapel'. Of particular note are the Ionic pillars and pediment, and, internally, the original boxed pews - some with glazed doors and fitted furniture, the central pulpit and oval gallery. It is a large Grade II listed building and there are on-going plans for developments for the use of the building.
Our Worship Times are as follows: Sunday Morning services: 10:45AM. Occasional Evening service: 6:00PM. Weekday Communion: 3rd Tuesday of each month: 11:00AM.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:45AM Owen
- WEEK TWO: 10:30AM Circuit Service @ Misterton
- WEEK THREE: 10:45AM Lloyd
- WEEK FOUR: 10:45AM Wilson
We have several regular study and social groups which we find are a good environment in which to learn and share, and take practical action within our journey of faith. The following learning opportunities and fellowship groups are available:
- Bible Teaching: - Wednesday evenings - [Fortnightly] - at the home of Rev David Post in Middle Rasen.
- The Book Club: - Thursdays - 7:30 pm - Informal Bible study and fellowship meeting. All welcome.
- Ladies' Group: - 7:30 pm - [2nd Monday of the Month].
- Coffee Club: - Mondays - 9:15 am - 11:00am - All welcome. Just drop in for your free cup of coffee or tea and biscuits.
Throughout the year we enjoy engaging in Specific bible-based events. An example is the annual Lent course, held on Monday mornings and evenings which is usually based upon a specific study booklet and is led by ministers, vicars and lay members.
Our community spends some of its time and energy working towards greater service through community outreach. As it is today the premise plays host to a number of community groups such as a Gardening Club, Slimming World, an Alzheimers Support Group, U3A Line Dancing, the Da Capo Folk Group, and numerous children parties.
Two of our more popular community groups are:
- Carpet Bowls: Tuesdays - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - No experience necessary, Bowls are provided.
- Watercolour Art Group: Thursdays - 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Church is used for various events in the community throughout the year including the Market Rasen and District Choral Society Concerts and Rotary Carol Service. All events are held in the School Room attached to the Church - Access to the School Room is either by the door to the left of the main Church entrance or the door in Nursery Street. Both the Church and School Room are available for hire. For more information please contact Midge - ☏ 01673 89222 or ☏ 01652 678365.
If you would like to attend any of these activities then please just turn up or for more information contact Geoff - ☏ 01673 843939.
One of our important initiatives involves building strong links and working on developing a growing youth ministry. We currently offer play sessions in the hope of providing a place to share together and have lots of fun with our:
- Stepping Stones Toddler Group: - Wednesday mornings - held between 9:15 and 11:15 am - All pre-school age children with their parents or carers welcome- (contact Jenny Margetson ☏ 01673 843727).
During the Summer, we run a Holiday Club for children between the ages of 4 to 11. Remember to keep an eye out for other children's activites throughtout the year. We always look forward to our holiday clubs as despite all the hard work it's great fun and very rewarding for both us and the children!