Lea Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Louise Carr
In these days when so many of our churches are being turned into houses, it is good to know that in 1950 the founder members at Lea turned a former Lodge house into a Church.
The official opening was held on Saturday 10th November 1951, when over 200 people attended. More details of the history can be obtained from the Stewards.
Morning Worship is every Sunday at 10:30AM followed by fellowship with coffee/tea and biscuits.
Everyone is most welcome.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:30AM Parkin HC
- WEEK TWO: 10:30AM Carr HF
- WEEK THREE:10:30AM HF @ Upton
- WEEK FOUR: 10:30AM Lockwood
- WEEK FIVE: 10:30AM Owen
HC= Holy Communion, HF= Harvest Festival
There have been many joys, sorrows and wonderful experiences that have been shared over the years at this church. We are happy to say that present day Lea Methodist Church and its members are moving forward to another exciting phase in the life of the Church. We all endeavour to keep the Church and its surroundings a witness to God.
In 2017 The District Chairman Bruce Thompson had the vision of our Church also becoming a Retreat Centre for day retreats, conferences and art groups. As we have always said, all are welcome.
With the blessing of the members, plans have been drawn up and work to transform the whole building will begin as soon as possible. To compliment the interior work, members decided the garden would benefit from a makeover and that it would be a Community Peace Garden to share with the whole village and be a restful place for all who will be using the premises.
With the help of NCS young volunteers parts of the garden have been totally transformed and members are carrying on the renovations. You can see below the transformation...
On the 19th August 2018, morning worship began with the blessing of the garden and the young NCS volunteers who had worked so hard to achieve so much in four days. A crown of thorns tree was also planted by Rev. Louise Carr...
As we are a small congregation we do have limited social events and tend to cultivate good friendships, and develop quality connections through attending other Church held Circuit events and services.
That said, In 2017 two new groups were formed:
- Prayer Shawl Fellowship which usually meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 10AM - the group are knitting prayer shawls and Twiddlemuffs which are being donated to the residents of local Residential homes, baby bonding blankets for premature babies at Lincoln maternity hospital and are hoping to start on trauma teddies soon. Last year we knitted the Christmas angels and angel bombed the nearby park which we will be doing again this year. For more information contact Margaret Lilley ☏ 01427 615933, or Pat Gray ☏ 01427 629250.
- Bible Fellowship which meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 2PM. Contact: Pat Gray ☏ 01427 629250.
The local Primary School reception class also visit the church each term to take part in crafts. The most recent visit involved painting stones to be used in the garden.
In addition, our premise is home to the The Village Guild, which meets at Lea Chapel on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 2:15PM. The meetings generally consist of either a speaking engagement, a music event or a members social get-together. More information about the Village Guild can be found through contacting Mr Philip Holmes on ☏ 01427 613913.
The Village Guild Programme can be downloaded HERE.
All in all, there is a wonderful atmosphere in this lovely little Church and members look forward to sharing this special building with all who wish to come. We do ask for your continued prayer and the blessing of the Holy Spirit in our new venture and all future ones.