Caistor Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Sarah Parkin
Caistor Methodist Church is a growing community of young families, teenagers, and adults of all ages. We worship together, we eat together, we support and encourage one another and everyone who joins us. We aim to be inclusive as we serve God in our town.
We are associated with Caistor Primary School . As a C of E and Methodist School they have worked hard to develop a Christian character, valuing tolerance, diversity, mutal respect, honesty and empathy. We believe that they are outstanding at meeting the needs of all learners - developing a moral foundation and trying to ensure that they care, share and learn together. We are proud to be their partners in this endeavour!
Our services consist of a weekly Sunday Morning service beginning at 10:15AM, a Midweek Communion on the 1st Thursday of the month at 9:30AM, and an Evening Worship service at 6:00PM on the 3rd Sunday of every month in the Wesley Room.
Generally the 1st Sunday of the month is dedicated to informal All Age Worship.
For our younger members Sunday School is available Fortnightly.
The 3rd Sunday of each Month (except August) at 10:15AM will usually be dedicated to a F.R.O.G (Fully Rely On God) Event (contact Rev. Sarah Parkin for full details).
However, that stated, the Monthly Evening Worship Service can take a variety of forms, including Café Worship, Modern Praise and more Traditional Styles.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:15AM AAW
- WEEK TWO: 10:15AM Hardcastle
- WEEK THREE: 10:45AM @ North Kelsey, 6:00PM Carr
- WEEK FOUR: 10:15AM Sheard
AAW= All Age Worship
We have a very wide variety of Social gatherings available. There are a number of groups that meet, as follows:
- The Rambling with God Group. – [No walking involved just verbal rambling] – meets Tuesday evenings, Fortnightly. (contact Bridget Andrew 01652 628586)
- Prayer Sandwich. - 3rd Tuesday of each month between 12 NOON and 1:30PM at the Church Hall - a time to share fellowship, a simple lunch and pray together. (contact Ian Hardcastle)
- Prayer and Praise Service. - 4th Thursday of each month at 6pm. (contact Ian Hardcastle)
- Thursday Group. – Meets Fortnightly at 2:00PM. (contact Yvonne Woolston 01472 852337)
- Men’s Group. – Weekly, Wednesday evenings at 8pm. (contact Paul Collins 07843 755002)
- Morning House Group. - Weekly, Fridays at 10am (contact Maura 07843 755002)
- Church Band. - We meet most weeks on a Monday at Church at 6:45PM. We welcome any who want to play and/or sing with us. (contact Kathy Mannion 07398 711730)
- Express. - Weekly, Sunday at 4:30PM. (except 1st Sunday of the Month and School Holidays). A short time of Worship aimed at being accessible to all, followed by food.
We also pride ourselves on providing Local Community Groups with a place to call home. Presently our premises are used by The Caistor Male Voice Choir; The Over 60s Luncheon Club (Fortnightly); An Art Class and an Embroidery Class; Dancing Clubs; and the Brownies.
If you are interested in making us the home of your group then please contact our Bookings Officer, Kathy Mannion on 01472 851606.
We are also happy to note that the Youth Club , for year 3 (7/8 year olds) and above, now meets each Wednesday evening in term time ( 6:00PM - 7:15PM in the Church Hall). We are grateful to one of the Circuit Youth Workers - Gareth Sherwood, and local volunteers for leading this. A lively and enthusiastic bunch of young people enjoy games (with and without modern technology!), crafts and a short discussion time. Several new ones have joined us recently. If you know young people in the Caistor area, do encourage them to come and try it out.
In addition we offer the "Hullabaloo" - Pre-school Music Group [during Term Time] - (contact Maura Cook 01472 475615).