Upton Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Louise Carr
We have a small, but charming, well kept Methodist chapel that was built in 1822. The 1851 census recorded a 'Great Many Sabbath Day Scholars', so it is presumed that is when the Schoolroom was added. In 1839, 63 of the 70 seats were let to residents of Upton and Kexby. From our records we can note that a local farmer John Olivant, and John Laughton, (Landlord of the Rose and Crown) were the first stewards and trustees.
So as you can see - stretching back to our origins - we have always had strong links with the local community. Throughout the years, and still today, the Fotheringham family have been loyal members and have taken an active role within both the church and village activities. It is important to us that our Church continues to provide our rural community with care and support, sustained faith and spiritual development, and all important fellowship.
Our Sunday morning services are at 10:30AM followed by fellowship with coffee/tea and biscuits. Everyone is most welcome.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:30AM Elvidge / Baker, 3:00PM Circuit Service at Caistor
- WEEK TWO: 10:30AM Smith
- WEEK THREE: 10:30AM No Service, 6:00PM United Carol Service at Anglican
- WEEK FOUR: Christmas Eve 10:30AM Carr AAW
- CHRISTMAS DAY: Choice of 10:00AM Carr @ Gainsborough, 9:30AM Coates @ Middle Rasen, 10:15AM Parkin @ Caistor
- WEEK FIVE: 10:30AM New Years Eve Service at Gainsborough
AAW= All Age Worship
As we are a small congregation we tend to cultivate good friendships, and develop quality connections through attending other Church held Circuit events and services. That stated our members do take an active role within local social activities, such as:
- The Upton and Kexby Friendship Club: - Meets Thursday, 2:00PM - [Fortnightly] in the Methodist Schoolroom.
- Upton cum Kexby Womens' Institute: - Meets at 7:30PM on the 2nd Wednesday of the Month @ Upton cum Kexby Village Hall.
We have recently started our monthly Coffee Morning again, with thanks to those Ladies and Gentlemen that did all the work. We hope to continue our Coffee Mornings throughout the Summer on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 10:00AM till 12:00 NOON. Why not take a ride out and come and visit? We will be glad to welcome you!