North Kelsey Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Sarah Parkin
About North Kelsey
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built in North Kelsey in 1796 and was replaced by a new building in 1848-49. This in turn was replaced by the Chapel Street building which was erected as a Wesleyan chapel in 1897 at the same time as 5 other chapels in the area.
The High Street Primitive chapel was closed in 1963 and the two congregations joined together and were placed in the Brigg Circuit. After 40 years the North Kelsey Chapel moved back into the Market Rasen and Caistor Circuit. In 2013 it finally found its home within the Wolds and Trent Circuit.
Our congregation is smaller than a lot of Chapels in the area, but we received a boost following the closure of the South Kelsey Methodist Church. We were happy to welcome its members into our community and we enjoy worshiping together. That stated, worship in a small group setting can have its benefits, including a capacity for deeper friendship and personal growth, and an appreciation of the shared mission of the wider church community.
Morning Worship is every Sunday at 10:45AM followed by fellowship with coffee/tea and biscuits. Everyone is most welcome.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:45AM Parkin, 3:00PM Circuit Service at Caistor
- WEEK TWO: 10:45AM Knapton
- WEEK THREE: 10:45AM Coates
- WEEK FOUR: Christmas Eve 10:45AM Parkin (United)
- CHRISTMAS DAY: Choice of 10:00AM Carr @ Gainsborough, 9:30AM Coates @ Middle Rasen, 10:15AM Parkin @ Caistor
- WEEK FIVE: 10:15AM New Years Eve Service at Caistor
As part of rural village life we firmly believe in serving those on our doorstep, hoping to provide services and activities that are a perfect fit for our surrounding community and attempting to improve the lives of those around us. As a part of this we provide the following services and activities:
- The F Team: - [1st Monday of the Month] - We are really a fundraising & events planning group and meet to primarily arrange events at the Church, but we also meet for fun and fellowship. We are open to new ideas!
- Open House: - [Every 2nd Monday] - The building is opened from 2:30PM to 4:00PM. We welcome everyone to come in and share tea and cake and a chat with others. (contact Ken Knapton ☏ 01652 678379 for more information)
We also value our younger generation, attempting to build a trusting relationship with the village children and young people. We provide Holiday Clubs for them which are held each year during the Easter and Summer Holidays. We also nurture a growing link with the village Primary School. Our Minister visits on a regular basis, providing services, teaching and advice.
Overall we believe that we are a well-rounded community, with an open and welcoming attitude. Should you choose to join us, we look forward to meeting you!